Monday, August 5, 2013

Coffee and oats? Why not!



Have you ever tried coffee in your cereals? Well I did and I didn't regret that because I love it. Most people didn't like the taste of oats (a species of cereal grain) even there's milk and I am one of them. But because I need to manage my diet, I make sure to skip rice for a week and replace it with fruits, vegetables and oats because of fiber content.

I used to combine milk and oats which I find a little bland taste. I already tried adding fruits like bananas and strawberries but of course, if you will have it regularly, your taste buds will ask for something new. In the long run, you can't have another teaspoon of the mixture.

So I tried adding a Nescafe Creamylatte because of the creaminess and the coffee taste is just right. It's not so strong but create a different level of coffee experience. As you pour the hot water, you'll smell the aroma of the coffee. I stirred and sealed it for few minutes until  the mixtures thickens because of the oats. You may or may not add milk or creamer. I suggest to add sugar-free milk or creamer to lessen the sugar content because if you use instant "milk+sugar" sachet with Nescafe Creamylatte, you may find it very sweet.

1 comment:

Thanks for your visit and feedback!